Welcome to Food Services!
Good nutrition and learning go hand in hand!
The Food Service department of Deer Park City Schools strives to serve students approved meals that meet or exceed National School Lunch guidelines (USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans). This is what we do for the 1,200 students of Deer Park that we serve on a daily basis. We also serve the community by operating this department in the most efficient and economical manner while remaining in compliance with all state and federal regulations. Our goal is to provide nutritious and appetizing school meals in a pleasant and comfortable environment.
To help ensure that we accomplish our goals and promote a healthy generation:
- We follow the National School Lunch Program guidelines which ensure 1/3 of the daily nutrients are provided
- We serve age appropriate portion sizes to each grade level
- We serve products formulated with lower sodium and fat levels
- We offer fresh fruits and vegetables daily
- We serve whole grain white and whole grain wheat breads and pastas
- We serve only America's healthy generation approved snacks
- We offer only 1% or fat free milk in white and chocolate
Special Dietary Needs
To help parents monitor any special needs that may create concerns for their child in our cafeteria we do the following:
- Provide carbohydrate counts on monthly menus for students grades 1-6
- Check labels and ingredient statements for allergens as requested by parents
- Provide individual assistance as needed to ensure a safe and comfortable experience
- Provide a peanut free zone for students grades 1-6